How To Optimize Your Profile on Lawyers.com
Lawyers.com and other legal directories have the potential to bring a tremendous amount of traffic and leads to your law firm. Your listing on them implies credibility for your firm, and each major directory targets web searchers very early in their research process. Lawyers.com features search capabilities by both need and geography, so benefit from their built-in traffic by optimizing your profile. Follow the steps below for maximum impact:
- List all practice areas you serve, not just the broad category. For example, if you’re a family lawyer, look at listing in categories like divorce, custody, parental rights, etc. Search results do not necessarily roll-up to the parent category, and you’ll be much more relevant to the searcher by including a practice area within your profile.
- Add content to your profile. Lawyers.com gives you the ability to add an unlimited amount of content about your firm, for each attorney’s profile and more. Take advantage of this feature when offered.
- List all cities where you’ll take clients. If you’re a criminal lawyer in Austin, cross-reference your profile in places like Round Rock, Cedar Park and Georgetown.
- Photos. All lawyers in your firm should have a professional photograph as part of their biographical profile. We’re visual by nature, and photographs help to personalize your listing. They also increase your call and contact rates.
- Add your firm logo to the overall listing. As with photographs, your firm’s logo personalizes the listing. If you don’t have a logo, take a clipping of your website header (you do have a website, don’t you?). And while you’re at it, provide as much information about your office hours, forms of payment, etc.
- Add a tag line. And no, “attorneys at law” doesn’t count. Tag lines are displayed on Lawyers.com search results, and increase the call and contact rate. Example tag lines:
- Former Prosecutor. Aggressive Representation.
- Former Adjuster Who Knows How Insurance Companies Work
Follow these guidelines, and you’ll be well on your way to improved visibility, contact rates and client conversion!
Photo credit by Mattox.