Professional service providers win when their efforts provide immense value, and thrive when their clients refer other like-minded people who have similar needs. So what could be better than a client referral?
A client testimonial!
An Econsultancy article from July 2009 refers to a Nielsen survey showing that 90% of consumers trust recommendations from people they know and 70% trust opinions of unknown users. The client referral pays you once (maybe twice), but the client testimonial earns it keep every time it’s used.
Here is a sample template you could use (where permitted and based on your profession) to solicit better testimonials:
- Why did you retain (business name) for your (service provided) needs?
- Please list three things you like most about our services. Why do you like them?
- What, in your opinion, is the strongest feature of our services? Why?
- Is there anything about our services you would like to see changed?
- May we use your comments for promotional purposes?
Once you get these back, have them signed and dated for everyone’s benefit. Then use them on your website and in other promotional materials.